The Grite brand, created and developed by the Grigeo Grigiškės company, well-known to and loved by people ever since, is celebrating its 20-year anniversary this year. Since 1996 Grite-branded hygiene paper – tissues, paper towels, toilet paper and wipes – has gradually earned recognition both in Lithuania and abroad.
As it passes through this successful 20-year milestone, the hygiene paper production company could be regarded as a symbol of evolving Lithuanian prosperity: once monotonously grey, during the times of economic transformation – very rough, now it sits proudly on fully-stocked shop shelves next to rolls from abroad decorated in various patterns.
A new incentive to the company's entire production, including that of Grite-branded products, was given by the new hygiene-paper manufacturing machine designed by Italian industrial line engineers and launched in the Grigiškės paper mill to produce the highest-quality cellulose paper. The machine makes so much paper per year that it could encircle the Earth's equator 15 times! It is a significant contribution to the development of our company and the entire Lithuanian industry.
Robertas Krutikovas, CEO of Grigeo Grigiškės, has no doubt that the strong position currently held in Lithuanian and international markets will only grow stronger. “We produce a number of different-quality paper products characterised by exceptional softness and durability and which are almost dust-free. We can also make coloured cellulose-based paper; these colours are highly valued in the paper market. Customers who want the highest quality products choose our products”, Robertas Krutikovas says, pointing out the advantages of Grite products.
Grite will continue to strengthen its product family, expand its export volumes, install new technologically advanced production lines and pursue continuous improvement. The company, which has experienced ups and downs in the past, has been showing positive results for some time and is very optimistic about its future.
Grite's achievements during its first 20 years:
- In 1996, new modern lines for recycling crepe paper and packaging toilet paper and paper towels were installed. The company started making Grite, a family of new-quality hygiene paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, paper tissues and wipes).
- In 1998, the Grite trademark tissues were awarded a gold medal in the Lithuanian Product of the Year contest.
- In 1999, Grite-made toilet paper also won a gold medal in the same contest.
- In 2007, paper production was expanded, new lines for the production of tissues and paper towel sheets were launched.
- In 2008, we introduced very high-quality products meeting our customers' discerning requirements – toilet paper and paper towels made using Fusion Art Embossing, the most advanced paper embossing technology.
- In 2009, Grite Lady Rose towels were recognised as the most successful new product of 2008 in the paper product category.
- In 2010, Grite Orchidea Gold won a gold medal in the Lithuanian Product of the Year 2010 contest held by the Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists.
- In 2011, the Grite Family toilet paper was awarded a gold medal in the Lithuanian Product of the Year contest.
- In 2012, sanitary-domestic paper products manufactured by AB Grigiškės received the EU Flower, the European Union's Ecolabel. We are the first company in Lithuania to receive the Ecolabel from the Environmental Protection Agency.
- In 2013, Grite Hey! Kids was awarded a gold medal in the Lithuanian Product of the Year 2013 contest.
- In 2015, the MP6 paper machine of well-known Italian manufacturer TOSCOTEC was launched for the production of the highest-quality cellulose paper.
- In 2015, Grite Orchidea Seasons toilet paper came among the top three Best News of 2015 and was first in the Paper category!
- Today the Grite product family is developed and managed by the company’s 270 loyal employees.